The TWGGS PTA’s main role is to raise money for items that the school simply could not provide from its own budget. Every penny that is raised goes to improve the environment and learning experience for your daughter.
We are currently raising funds for an outdoor covered dining area in the courtyard which will offer the girls protection in all weathers and make the area an even more sociable place.
Over the last few years fundraising highlights have included:
- A new sound system for the hall – something everyone has enjoyed.
- A massive £50,000 contribution to the fitting out cost of the Performing Arts Centre
- New lighting system for the hall.
- Flood lighting on the tennis courts which helps with winter after school sports including CCF
- A contribution of £25,000 to the school’s bid for Specialist Schools Status. This very important investment has resulted in increased funding for the school in future years
- Benches for the sports fields and courtyard which have been greatly appreciated by parents and pupils alike.
- Smaller projects like an AED for the school and an orienteering course.
In parallel to its fund-raising role, the PTA also has a commitment to provide a social forum for girls, parents/carers and staff, organising a series of events link to forthcoming events (some fund-raising, some social). These events are always popular and have included:
- Harvest Charity Ball
- Quiz Nights
- KS3 School Discos
- Whole school sponsored walk
- Second hand uniform shop
The PTA often supports the school’s charity activities by donating a percentage of profits from events to the school’s charities, which are chosen by the girls on a termly basis – these have included Headway, Demelza House, Kent Air Ambulance and The Ghana Education Project, a charity working to improve education standards in a very deprived area of Ghana.
Every parent/carer is automatically a member of the PTA. If you would like to be more involved, there is a committee link to who which includes the head, members of staff and sixth form reps as well as parents/carers
Also see related pages: Parental information